Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Introducing the G.A Group
We are a collection of design companies, who have been creating award-winning experiences for over 30 years.
United by a shared passion for ground-breaking design, wherever the brief takes us, our driving philosophy is one of Restless Curiosity.
We deliver an insight-driven approach, meaning we arrive at design solutions which fuse people, place and culture effortlessly, which strike an emotional chord in the audience and bring a sense of unexpected relevance and harmony. Once a concept is crafted, then the real challenge begins:
making the ideas live and breathe through flawless execution.
We are seeking a Design Director to join our Shanghai studio.
Overview of the role
The Design Director is responsible for providing creative leadership to foster innovative design growth, maintain and develop positive client relationships and satisfy project deliveries.
As a Design Director you have the opportunity to lead and represent the G.A Group in our creative process, elevate the global studio collaboration and uphold the design culture that continues to strive for design excellence in the luxury hospitality experience.
It is essential that you can effectively communicate the G.A Group’s vision, values and strategic goals internally and externally. One of the key components of this role is to foster an inspiring studio culture by passing on your knowledge to others and by supporting a restlessly curious learning environment. Coaching and mentoring is considered one of the top priorities.
Qualifications & skills
· +15 years of leading hospitality interior design projects
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Effective management of project budgets & costs
· Ability to identify & resolve risk management issues
· Ability to lead a team environment & collaborate with G.A directors globally
· Ability to guide, monitor and manage the work of others
· Ability to influence & motivate others
· Solid knowledge & understanding of interior design services
· Proficiency in English (mandatory), Chinese language is not critical
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Appointed as primary client contact for new and existing projects
· Maintaining client relationships
· Achieving high client satisfaction
· Developing creative project narratives in collaboration with the executive Design Director for all projects
· Generating creative concepts in alignment with G.A ‘s design DNA
· Guiding project presentation quality & execution
· Collaborating with G.A directors globally on project needs
· Leading project design efforts from inception to completion including guiding, advising and mentoring designers
· Managing project delivery, schedules & budgets
· Ensuring positive cash flow and minimising outstanding debt collection
· Generating design ideas & communication by means of design sketches/perspectives for space planning, furniture plans, elevation, etc.
· Reviewing drawings, mock-ups, material & finishes for quality control
· Being the primary presenter of projects to clients
· Leading design critiques and forums
· Elevating & maintaining design standards and quality
· Assisting labour projections (Deltek) & forecasting resource requirements
· Assisting designers with identifying team performance goals and objectives
· Assisting designers with professional growth & performance reviews
· Assisting with recruitment interview process
· Maintaining designer morale and motivation
· Mentoring, training and coaching designers to ensure knowledge is preserved and skills are developed
· Assisting Managing Director in business development efforts
· Maintaining and upholding company policies
· Other responsibilities assigned by MD