Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
CAD Technician – KL
Definition of the role & responsibilities for employees holding the position of:
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
The CAD Technician is part of a project team and responsible to and under the direction of the CAD Manager and Job Captain
This role requires participating in the development of presentation and bid documentation and to produce and manage all required construction documentation. Together with the CAD Manager and Job Captain, the CAD Technician has to ensure the timely and correct completion of all documentation (plans, elevations, details, schedules, etc.) within internal and external guidelines and rules as well as the coordination with the GA internal FF&E team and information from other, external consultants. The CAD Technician must therefore have a good understanding of the overall project programme and the deadlines on which the required documentation has to be issued to the client/contractor.
The CAD Technician may be required to assist on different projects at the same time.
– Assist in the development of overall presentation and bid documentation help maintain graphic quality and content.
– Translate design development drawings into construction information.
– Produce all necessary drawings and schedules.
– Assist the CAD Manager in maintaining continuity of design intent throughout construction documentation.
– Assist in co-ordination of interior architectural documents with work of consultants and architects.
– Consult with FF&E designer to ensure proper co-ordination with FF&E criteria.
– Co-ordinate with Project Interior Designers in producing all required schedules (i.e. finishes, sanitary ware, ironmongery etc).
– Co-ordinate efforts of the project team members in finalising and documenting the project.
– Review for code compliance.
– Maintain journal and records of the latest revisions, issues, submittals, etc.
– Ensure graphic quality and consistency and correctness of construction documentation.
– Generate architectural specifications in conjunction with design team (in accordance with the GA project contract only).
– Ensure content of drawings is adequate for construction.
– Ensure workability of details, etc.
– Be knowledgeable about contract responsibilities during construction documentation.
– An excellent knowledge of Autocad, is essential. A good knowledge of PowerPoint and Photoshop/illustrator is desirable.