Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Definition of the role & responsibilities for employees holding the position of:
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
The CAD Technician is part of a project team and responsible to and under the direction of the Job Captain and Project Manager. This role requires participating in the development of presentation and bid documentation and to produce and manage all required Interior Design documentation. Together with the Job Captain and Project Manager the CAD Technician has to ensure the timely and correct completion of all documentation (plans, elevations, details, schedules, etc.) within internal and external guidelines and rules as well as the coordination with the GA internal FF&E team and information from other, external consultants. The CAD Technician must therefore have a good understanding of the overall project programme and the deadlines on which the required documentation has to be issued to the client/contractor. The CAD Technician may be required to assist on different projects at the same time.
- This role requires minimum 3 to 5 years experience
- Assist in the development of overall presentation and bid documentation and help maintain graphic quality and content.
- Translate sketches and design development drawings into Interior Design information.
- Produce all necessary drawings and schedules.
- Assist the Project Manager in maintaining continuity of design intent throughout Interior Design documentation.
- Assist in co-ordination of Interior Design documents with work of consultants and architects.
- Co-ordinate and/or produce along with Project Interior Designers all required schedules (i.e. finishes, sanitary ware, ironmongery etc).
- Provide comprehensive detail knowledge of joinery, stonework and metalwork packages etc.
- Co-ordinate efforts of the project team members in finalising and documenting the project.
- Review for code compliance.
- Maintain journal and records of the latest revisions, issues, submittals, etc.
- Ensure graphic quality and consistency and correctness of Interior Design documentation.
- Ensure content of drawings is adequate for tender or construction as required.
- Ensure workability of details, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about contract responsibilities during tender / construction documentation.
- An excellent knowledge of AutoCAD is essential, Sketch-Up / 3DS Max / Revit / Rhino 3D modelling software is preferred. A good knowledge of PowerPoint and Photoshop/illustrator is desirable.