Filter our projects
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Creative Associate – G.A Design
Basis: Permanent employee
Location: Shanghai + travel to site & client meetings as relevant
Salary: Dependent on experience – TBC
Benefits: Private medical insurance and a 5 percent company contribution to the individual’s pension fund
Timing: Required ASAP
G.A Design, a member of the G.A Group, is looking at to appoint a Creative Associate for our growing office in Shanghai.
We are looking for an individual with at least 8 years’ experience in high-end hospitality design, probably working for one of our serious competitors from an international design hub such as London, NYC, Hong Kong or Singapore.
The position will mainly focus on leading the overall design concept for all local-led projects and growing our business in China. It will involve close collaboration with China Principal in Charge, London HQ and our offices in Kuala Lumpur and Budapest.
The successful candidate should be culturally sensitive, using the skills and advice of the local team to understand the work culture in China and best navigate between the clients’ demands and the design quality required from a G.A product. You will also need to be an excellent communicator, willing and able to help establish clear lines of design communication between the Shanghai office and the London design HQ as well as regional offices in KL and Budapest. There will be opportunities to maximise revenue via the various skills in the G.A Group such as G.A Residential and G.A. Brand Design to help secure fully ‘integrated’ China-based projects for the Group.
Photoshop and AutoCAD skills are required and good verbal and written communication skills are essential. Free hand drawing and experience of leading projects and working with Asian clients is an advantage.
Speaking Mandarin would be considered as an advantage for this role.
The Creative Associate role
The Creative Associate has a number of tasks within the company. Together with the Principal in Charge, the Creative Associate establishes the overall design concept and ensures that the Project Manager maintains the continuity of the concept through the entire project to completion. He/she will lead the team and give guidance to the Project Manager and team for the duration of each project.
The Creative Associate will maintain existing client relationships and help with developing new client contacts and relationships. The Creative Associate should be able to work well with client groups and have the ability to present project concepts and development on a regular basis at client project meetings. The establishment of good working relationships, both internally and externally, is a vital part of the senior nature of the Creative Associate, whose design ability and experience will be instrumental in bringing in new projects to the G.A Design International Group.
The Creative Associate, will assist with new project contracts preparation. He/she has joint responsibility to ensure that the contracts when in place in the studio are profitable and are completed within the programme and budget that is in line with the projections.
The Creative Associate also required to help the Principal in Charge for China to ensure that the office including both staff issues and general office issues are dealt with regularly and promptly in order that the office is kept efficient and tidy and runs smoothly on a day to day basis.
- Assist with client briefing and initial project set-up
- Lead the development of overall design from concepts
- Establish project programme and initial design concepts
- Provide experienced technical and design direction
- Co-ordinate design and technical resources
- Ensure Project Managers and team are briefed and resources on their projects
- Ensure the Project Managers maintain continuity of design intent through construction documentation
- Ensure that the FF&E leader is fully briefed on the project and provide guidance throughout the project to ensure the design direction is observed
- Oversee and monitor projects for compliance with client brief and GA standards
- Liaise with Project Managers to oversee the management of all projects with the studio Principal
- Review ongoing invoicing for projects and ensure that invoices are paid in line with the accounting department’s schedule
- Assist with preparing payment schedules
- Co-ordinate regular project reviews
- Act as a senior point of contact to clients for their projects, maintain relationship with clients to deliver high quality product and develop ongoing business
- Assist the Principal in Charge with her responsibility for the daily management of the studio
- Provide experienced input to maintain quality, enthusiasm, and instruction within the office environment
- Assist with recruitment of new design talent into the Studio
- Assist the Principal with annual staff reviews
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements
If you are interested in joining G.A Design, then please send us your CV and portfolio (PDF format), together with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at the G.A Design Shanghai’s studio.
Please send your details to Ms Ying Jin by email to [email protected] , quoting “Creative Associate Shanghai Position” in the title.