Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- Luxury Hotel
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
ID Associate (Hospitality)
ID Associate Job Description (Hospitality)
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
This role offers a very high-level of responsibility championing the company to clients and our external network whilst co-ordinating the design of multiple and simultaneous projects and people.
The Associate will have experience in all facets of design and design project management, including high-end restaurants, spas, and large-scale hotel developments. A passion for and knowledge of interior architecture and design, furniture and product design is essential.
The Associate will be responsible for several members of staff at the same. A key part of the role is to mentor teams by providing support and advice through the delegation of work alongside the Senior Project Designers. The role is not just about leading the design process but overseeing and guiding, ensuring the teams productivity and creating an environment that encourages development and growth alongside high quality design output.
A high degree of verbal and written abilities are required for the position as it involves communicating with clients and other project team consultants, however they will be supported in this task by the Directors. An engaging and diplomatic manner are essential.
Design Creative Management –
• Alongside the Directors, develop the creative vision for the project and communicate this to the design team.
• Lead design research for projects, particularly during concept development. The task includes activities ranging from finding mood images for a particular design approach to establishing information about the specific site.
• Establish the materiality for projects alongside the FF&E team. The role is to develop the details of the design through material research.
• Understand G.A’s stylistic design standards to ensure they are adhered to at all stages of a project.
Design Project Management –
• Lead the team in the development of projects from conception to completion, including all G.A standard phases and relevant documentation.
• Liaise directly with clients, operators, consultants and contractors to ensure that all stages of a projects are completed to a high standard.
• Participate and lead client presentations as required.
• Ensure that the team work efficiently by delegating appropriate tasks alongside the Senior Project Designer.
• Ensure co-ordination with the FF&E team on all aspects of a project.
• Engage with the Directors on resource allocation, ensuring project plans are up to date (at least monthly) and accurate in conjunction with the Senior Designer Project Managers and raising any issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure billing forecasts are up to date and accurate and communicating any issues to the Directors and Finance Team.
• Support the Directors in drawing up fee proposals, variation orders, pitch documentation and finalising contracts.
• Ensure project progression and profitability is monitored closely.
• Represent GA to clients, contractors and suppliers.
• Support and mentor the team by providing them with guidance on how to interact with clients, customers, vendors and contractors.
Design Documentation –
• Lead the design team with communicating and managing the design development process with clients, operators, consultants and contractors.
• Organise and oversee all design and construction documentation, including presentations, drawing packages, specifications and schedules, while ensuring close collaboration between the ID and FF&E teams.
• Ensure that GA standards are executed within all design documentation with a very high level of accuracy.
• Support the design team in maintaining the standard for all project management documentation, including periodically reviewing.
Team Responsibilities –
• Responsible for performance management and career development of team members.
• Provide experienced technical and design direction.
• Track positive and negative growth of the individual team members.
• Participate in staff appraisals alongside the Directors and PMs to monitor performance and progression.
• Assist with staff recruitment and the onboarding process.
• Counsel staff with timekeeping or absence issues.
• Participate in the general management of the Hospitality team alongside the Directors.
• Be aware of Employee Handbook policies and communicate any concerns to the Directors and HR.
• Ensure compliances with health and safety requirements.
High level of AutoCAD is essential.
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Good knowledge of Sketch-Up.
Strong free-hand sketching skills.
Knowledge of 3D Studio Max and Rhino is advantageous.
Problem solver/creative solutions
Eye for colour and materials.
Strong technical and construction knowledge.
Strong managerial skills.
Work well under pressure and to timelines, while supporting the wider team
Work well independently as well as part of a team
Note: This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. G.A Design International reserves the right to review this definition periodically and, if necessary, update, extend or reduce the above outlined role & responsibilities. Any major changes will be discussed with the employee.