Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Definition of the role & responsibilities for employees holding the position of:
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
The Job Captain works as an interior architectural designer, responsible to and under the direction of Senior Designer and/or Senior Designer – Project Manager. Together with the principal in charge, establishes the overall design concept and maintains the continuity of those concepts through the entire project process to completion.
It is the duty of the Job Captain to coordinate with the project team and to manage all required documentation and to insure its timely and correct completion within internal and external guidelines, rules and schedules as well as the coordination with the G.A internal FF&E team, 3D team and other, external consultants.
– Assist in the development of overall design concepts and maintains the continuity of those concepts through the entire project process to completion relative to Client programme and budget.
– Translate concepts into schematic design criteria working with project programme and initial design concepts.
– Ensure that schematic design is communicated properly to Client, design team and production team.
– Participation in the development of level and quality of finishes.
– Participation in the development of presentation material and help maintain graphic quality and content.
– Participate in presentations as needed.
– Assist the Senior Designer/Senior Designer – Project Manager in all aspects of his/her responsibilities
– Assist in co-ordination of interior architectural documents with consultants and architects.
– Assist with the production of schedules, staff utilisation / work planning
– Co-ordinate with design and production team members in producing all required schedules (i.e. finishes, sanitary ware, ironmongery etc.).
– Co-ordinate the output of design and production team members in finalising and documenting the project.
– Review for code compliance.
– Maintain journal and records of submittals, samples, shop drawings, etc. and ensure that the aforementioned are reviewed by the relevant team member on schedule.
– Assist the Senior Designer/Senior Designer-Project Manager to provide answers, drawings, clarifications in a timely manner during bidding / negotiations and construction administration phases.
– Develop and maintain positive relationship and channels of communication with client and other appropriate project related personnel (external and internal).
– Co-ordinate and work closely with the FF&E designer
– Maintain regular review of ID documentation, shop drawings, and participates in CI phase to ensure design intent is maintained
– Communicate design intent with consultants and review their work for conformance to design intent.
– Assist in the development of project goals in conjunction with other team members.
– Assist with overall staff utilisation / work plan and information release through the course of the project
– Participate in team meetings, design review, etc.
– Participate in client & design team meetings as required
– Ensure graphic quality, content, consistency and correctness of Tender/ID documentation.
– Maintain contact with contractor as needed.
– Ensure workability of details, etc.
– Be knowledgeable about contract responsibilities and output during ID documentation and CI phases.
– Direct education of Junior Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
– To have good knowledge of AutoCAD and PowerPoint
– To have good verbal and written communication skills
– Can suggest design changes (Arch. & FF&E) that are consistent with design concept and programme requirements in conjunction with Design Director.
– Assign specific tasks to design team members
– Inform Associate/Senior Designer–Project Manager/ Senior Designer of supplemental services requests (e.g. VORs and change orders)
– Senior Designer – Project Manager
– Senior Designer