Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Project Manager – G.A Design
Basis: Permanent employee
Salary: Dependent on experience – TBC
Benefits: Private medical insurance and a 5 percent company contribution to the individual’s pension fund
Timing: Required ASAP
We are currently seeking a full-time experienced Project Manager to join the Hospitality team for our growing design studio in Shanghai.
The ideal candidate will hold relevant qualifications and have an excellent understanding of the design/architecture industry with in-depth experience of the hotel interior design field.
The Project Manager needs to be familiar with working on projects for five-star international hospitality operators and be well versed with international suppliers in the industry as he/she will control and coordinate the projects, establish the overall design concept and maintain the continuity of those concepts from the beginning to the completion of the projects.
An important part of the role is to direct the planning, organising and monitoring of project activities to ensure that all services are consistent with the Client’s programme and that G.A office standards and services are delivered within the fee, project budget and schedule.
PowerPoint and AutoCAD skills are required and good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Experience of working with Asian clients and understanding of the culture is required.
Speaking Mandarin is required for this role.
- Assist in contract preparation and negotiation,
- Establish project directory and a list of contact persons,
- In conjunction with the Principal in Charge, establish overall design concepts relative to Client programme and budget,
- Translate concepts into schematic design criteria,
- Ensure that schematic design is communicated properly to Client, design team and production team,
- Ultimately responsibility for understanding of the Client programme, budget and criteria,
- Determine level and quality of finishes,
- Ensure graphic quality of presentation material, drawings, etc.,
- Develop and maintains positive relationship and channels of communication with Client and other appropriate project related personnel (external and internal),
- Co-ordinate and works closely with the FF&E designer and team to ensure complete briefing and consistency of the design and review FF&E specifications,
- Maintain regular review of construction documentation, shop drawings, and participates in construction administration to ensure design intent and job profitability,
- Allocate fees / hours by phase / tasks / staff and monitors every two weeks. Develop billing and provide a project progress report of the workload and fee level to the GA internal financial team,
- Communicate design intent with consultants and reviews their work for conformance to design intent,
- Develop project goals in conjunction with other team members,
- Initiate and maintain overall staff utilisation / work plan and information release through the course of the project,
- Initiate and co-ordinates team meetings, design review, etc.,
- Insure project delivery within project criteria and office standards and maintain the overall project programme at all times,
- Initiate client meetings,
- Direct education of Junior Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
If you are interested in joining G.A Design, then please send us your CV and portfolio (PDF format), together with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at the G.A Design Shanghai’s studio.
Please send your details to Ms Ying Jin by email to [email protected] , quoting “Project Manager Shanghai Position” in the title.