Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Receptionist & Office Coordinator – London
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
• The Receptionist & Office Coordinator is the first point of contact and is therefore required to represent the company positively towards any person either visiting the office or requiring assistance on the phone or by email. He/She also needs to assist the office by taking responsibility for all general office administration matters i.e. office maintenance, office equipment and stationary orders, post, couriers, travel arrangements, office events and other responsibilities as outlined below. The role also incorporates the assisting of designers for project related matters at times when necessary.
• As Health & Safety Officer, the role includes organising Health & Safety arrangements for the office. Health and Safety Issues must be updated and maintained, and regular servicing arranged. In addition to this, Health & Safety training of First Aid & Fire Marshals must be monitored, ensuring compliance on each floor (1st, 2nd and 3rd).
• Staff get-togethers/events such as weekly breakfast, firm-wide meetings and seasonal parties will be his/her responsibility to organise, including maintaining relevant expenditure record.
• At G.A Design the role of Receptionist & Office Coordinator extends to include the support of the Directors and assist in office tasks and duties as well as the co-ordination of all travel arrangements. In this role it is important to screen incoming business post and re-direct any urgent mail to senior staff members should Directors be away from the office for a lengthy period of time.
• He/she will be the ‘go to’ person for all general office issues to be dealt with regularly and promptly and ensure that the office runs efficiently, is kept tidy and runs smoothly on a day to day basis.
• To answer all incoming telephone calls immediately in a friendly and confident manner, screening sales/cold calls for staff. Take messages and communicate with Directors clients in their absence.
• Ensure daily staff attendance lists are current (in accordance with the fire marshals) and keep track of any employees meetings/trips out of the office.
• To greet visitors and ensure sign in and out as well as informing the relevant person(s) of their arrival.
• Liaise with the HR Administrator regarding all our office new starters & leavers (to ensure that the desks are available and clean prior the new starters arrival, to organise the gift/cards for the permanent staff members leaving the office, to hand a fob for each new starters joining us, to collect the fobs back for all the leavers etc.).
• To arrange the DSE assessments with the members of staff requiring one and to provide the HR Administrator with the list of staff members and dates arranged with the DSE provider. Make sure that those dates have been approved by the Director of Finance and Administration and the Finance Director beforehand and that they both approved the invoices sent by the provider before making any order of equipment.
• Arrange the boardroom for client visits, provide/organise refreshments (water, tea, coffee, biscuits, sandwiches, etc.) and assist with clearing the boardroom after the meeting.
• Control the front office area and ensure all unnecessary clutter is removed by relevant parties. Maintain these areas at all times in ‘Client ready’ status.
• Collect all outgoing post and ensure the correct postage is applied.
• Organise local and international couriers, keep an up to date record and cross reference the courier invoices.
• Collect post and packages from incoming couriers, notifying the recipient on their arrival.
• Order office stationery and keep the stationary area tidy, ensure printer drawers are correctly filled with relative paper weights. (Check daily)
• Order kitchen supplies and keep records of maintenance of equipment, organising servicing when necessary (e.g. coffee machine, dishwasher, microwave, etc.).
• Liaise with studio’s contract cleaning company on daily/weekly issues, react accordingly to issues arising. Carpets and flooring should be regularly cleaned.
• Organise recycling of paper, plastic, glass and non-standard items such as electrical items.
• Make travel arrangements for G.A staff when required i.e.: flights, taxis, accommodation.
• Make credit card payments as requested, only after ensuring the correct forms are completed and signed.
• Coordinate training and events internally and externally as requested by a Director.
• Organise staff get-togethers including breakfasts, drinks and staff parties.
• Ensure on-line office calendar and boardroom calendar is kept up to date of staff movements. Liaise with the HR Administrator.
• Assist senior staff in the preparation of general correspondence and documents (letters, fee proposals, etc.) as required.
• Assist senior staff in the preparation of marketing materials and design presentations.
• Ensure there is always adequate promotional/marketing material available (e.g. 3no. ‘Current Portfolio’ documents hard copy).
• Ensure Health and Safety Issues are updated and maintained, including regular servicing.
• Ensure general office facilities are maintained and contractors are called as required e.g. Plumber, electrician etc.
• Keep track of office keys and be the main contact for the alarm system.
• Arrange temporary cover on Reception during Holiday or sickness absence.
• Recording sick leave – Raise concerns.
• Managing Diaries – scheduling meetings / Diary management.
• Ensure confidentiality on all issues relating to staff.
If you are interested in this role, please hit the Apply button now!
Do not forget to attach your CV to your application.
You can also specify your salary expectations and notice period in the “message” section below as well before hitting the “Apply” button below.
If you have any troubles in submitting your application, please contact us at [email protected]