Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Residential FF&E Designer
Introducing the G.A Group
We are a collection of design companies, who have been creating award-winning experiences for over 30 years.
United by a shared passion for ground-breaking design, wherever the brief takes us, our driving philosophy is one of Restless Curiosity.
We deliver an insight-driven approach, meaning we arrive at design solutions which fuse people, place and culture effortlessly, which strike an emotional chord in the audience and bring a sense of unexpected relevance and harmony. Once a concept is crafted, then the real challenge begins:
making the ideas live and breathe through flawless execution.
We are seeking a strong FF&E Designer with at least 3 years’ experience to join our Residential Team in our London studio. The ideal candidate should have worked on both commercial and private residential projects.
Overview of the role
The work of Residential FF&E Designer is closely linked with the architectural side of the project.
The Designer has to develop the FF&E concept under the direction of the Managing Director and Project Manager to maintain the design brief, programme and budget. The Residential FF&E Designer is responsible for coordinating the FF&E information with and Project Manager to ensure accurate integration into the architectural documentation.
The Residential FF&E Designer may also be asked to help with selections of finishes, sanitaryware and ironmongery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
– Work with Project Manager and Client to develop schematic FF&E design, based on project criteria (brief), programme and budget.
– Participate in presentations and insure the format is compatible with GA and Client standards.
– Develop and maintain FF&E budget.
– Full documentation of FF&E specifications.
– Direct and review purchase order process to ensure completeness and accuracy (as required).
– Serve as principal contact with Purchasing Agent.
– Review samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
– Prepare furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant’s drawings.
– Co-ordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories (purchasing if required).
– Co-ordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved.
– Work with the Project Manager throughout project to help formulate staff utilisation / work plan, task assignments and allocation of fees.
– Be familiar with the project contract and GA’s contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases.
– Co-ordinate with Project Manager in producing finishes schedules, sanitaryware and ironmongery schedules if required.
– Attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements)
– Direct education of Junior FF&E Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
– Assistance in the compilation of project presentations.
- Ideally experience in private residential and/or commercial projects. Also, a mix of experiences in both private residential and large-scale hospitality projects would be appreciated
- Excellent team player
- Proactive attitude with the drive to excel and learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Word, Excel, Photoshop and InDesign are essential
- AutoCAD, Sketchup and Spec-Designer are optional but advantageous