Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- Luxury Hotel
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Residential Senior Designer – Project Manager
Residential Senior Designer – Project Manager
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all of our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
The Senior Designer – Project Manager has the controlling and Architectural Design role on a project. Together with the Principle in Charge, the Project Manager establishes the overall design concept and maintains the continuity of those concepts through the entire project process to completion.
It is the duty of the Senior Designer – Project Manager to oversee the project team and to manage all required construction documentation and to insure its timely and correct completion within internal and external guidelines, rules and schedules as well as the coordination with the GAR internal FF&E team and other, external consultants.
The Senior Designer – Project Manager serves as interpreter of the Client programme and budget and provides design responses according to their requirements.
An important part of the role is to direct the planning, organising and monitoring of project activities to ensure that all services are consistent with Client programme and G.A office standards and that the services are delivered within the fee, project budget and schedule.
• Assist in contract preparation and negotiation.
• Establish project directory and a list of contact persons.
• In conjunction with the Principal in Charge, establish overall design concepts relative to Client programme and budget.
• Translate concepts into schematic design criteria working with project programme and initial design concepts.
• Ensure that schematic design is communicated properly to Client, design team and production team.
• Ultimately responsibility for understanding of the Client programme, budget and criteria.
• Determine level and quality of finishes.
• Development of presentation material and help maintain graphic quality and content.
• Participate in presentations as needed.
• Ensure the co-ordination of interior architectural documents with work of consultants and architects.
• Co-ordinate schedules, staff utilisation / work planning and Project budget requirements.
• Co-ordinate with Project Interior Designers in producing all required schedules (i.e. finishes, sanitary ware, ironmongery etc.).
• Co-ordinate efforts of design and production team members in finalising and documenting the project.
• Review for code compliance.
• Maintain journal and records of submittals, samples, shop drawings, etc. and ensure that the aforementioned are reviewed by the relevant team member on schedule.
• Ensure that team members provide answers, drawings, clarifications in a timely manner during bidding / negotiations and construction administration phases.
• Develop and maintains positive relationship and channels of communication with client and other appropriate project related personnel (external and internal).
• Co-ordinate and works closely with the FF&E designer and team to ensure complete briefing and consistency of the design and review FF&E specifications.
• Maintain regular review of construction documentation, shop drawings, and participates in construction administration to ensure design intent and job profitability.
• Allocate fees / hours by phase / tasks / staff and monitors every two weeks. Develop billing and provide a project progress report of the workload and fee level to the GA internal financial team.
• Communicate design intent with consultants and reviews their work for conformance to design intent.
• Develop project goals in conjunction with other team members.
• Initiate and maintain overall staff utilisation / work plan and information release through the course of the project.
• Initiate and co-ordinates team meetings, design review, etc.
• Insure project delivery within project criteria and office standards and maintain the overall project programme at all times.
• Initiate client meetings.
• Ensure graphic quality and consistency and correctness of construction documentation.
• Generate architectural specifications in conjunction with design team (in accordance with the GA project contract only).
• Maintain contact with contractor as needed.
• Ensure content of drawings is adequate for construction and workability of details, etc.
• Be knowledgeable about contract responsibilities and monitors during construction documentation and construction administration phases.
• Direct education of Junior Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
• Good knowledge of AutoCAD, PowerPoint and InDesign is essential.
• Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Can implement design changes (Arch. & FF&E) that are consistent with design concept and programme requirements in conjunction with Design Director.
• Final arbiter of design decisions by Terry McGinnity if requested.
• Can request / modification of design information when it affects scheduling, budget, etc.
• Assigns specific tasks to design team members
• Review staff hour / fee budget
• Recommend changes / modifications to project delivery systems.
• Establishes supplemental services requests.
• Direct client contact.
Managing Director: Juliet Eardley