Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Senior Account Manager/Account Director
Position: Senior Account Manager/Account Director
Introducing G.A Brand Design
G.A Brand Design is a forward-thinking, boutique brand and marketing consultancy that sits within the G.A Group: a global ‘digital design house’ containing a collection of award-winning creative companies. Our mission is to create brand experiences that resonate and strike an emotional chord with audiences. To do this, we start by listening and learning – about people, behaviours and the wider world. Our driving philosophy is one of Restless Curiosity. To get a sense of what we’re about, take a look at our short film.
Our physical studio is in Camden, London, where we integrate closely with our 100-person strong head office, as well as our other Group offices in Budapest, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur and New York City (where we will shortly also have a Brand team presence). However, since COVID-19 sent us all working from home, we will continue with a hybrid way of working, with the ability to work remotely and come together in person, as and when the work requires. We use lots of intuitive best-in-class tech to make working as a team seamless: Slack, Asana, Float and ShareFile are all part of how we plan and manage our workflow and stay connected to each other.
At G.A Brand Design, we are a small core team consisting of Strategy & Insights, Client Services & Project Management and Creative & Design, but we work with a large network of friendly and talented freelancers who join our team for days/weeks/months at a time whenever we need to scale up in response to a brief. This keeps our thinking fresh and means we can be agile and profitable as we’re not carrying a large team that we need to retrofit into briefs.
The wider G.A Group team consists of brand consultants, graphic designers, strategists, 3D and VR visualisers, copy writers, communications experts, architects and interior designers from all walks of life and backgrounds. It’s this diversity that fuels our originality. Increasingly, we work on integrated projects in collaboration with one or more of the other Group companies, such as Architecture and Interior Design.
On the subject of who we work with, our clients range from world-famous global brands such as Amex, to fresh-faced start-ups wanting to change the world. Our core areas of expertise are luxury Hospitality, high-end Residential Developments, and Premium Products and Services aimed at High-Net-Worth Individuals. Our projects can be grouped into three broad categories:
– Data, Insights & Integrated Brand Strategy
– Brand Design, Marketing & Advertising (ATL & BTL channels, in print, digital, film, experiential)
– Graphics, Signage & Wayfinding
Whatever the challenge, we bring an expertise in strategic insight and the ability to turn this into highly impactful branding and communications solutions. To see some of our work, visit the Brand pages on our website.
Overview of the role
There is an opening for a permanent full-time Account Director within G.A Brand Design’s London team. The successful candidate will benefit from plenty of autonomy, hands-on experience and on-the-job mentoring from the senior/leadership team. You will also be supported by gifted junior team members and be responsible for managing them and overseeing their professional development.
We’re looking for an energetic self-starter who is analytical and articulate, highly organised and detail-orientated, glass-half-full, collaborative, imaginative, inspiring, confident and ambitious.
As we are a small team, we need that rare blend of both a thinker and a doer, able to liaise with and provide intelligent consultancy to clients alongside managing often-complex projects with multiple moving parts.
As an Account Director, you’ll be our most senior Accounts person, leading and managing the team, and acting as the key link between the agency and our clients. The role is to understand our clients’ goals and then work within the GABD and wider G.A Group teams to deliver effective strategic and creative solutions. From the outset, your accounts will include American Express (UK, Benelux and Hong Kong), creating high-end branding and marketing solutions for their Centurion, Platinum and Gold card members, as well as several luxury Hospitality and Residential Developer clients.
• Building and maintaining client relationships, often at a very senior level
• Client liaison and partnership throughout projects
• Receiving client briefs and subsequently briefing internal, or external, agency teams
• Selecting, briefing and managing third party agency partners and suppliers (media, content and digital agencies, printers, photographers, artist agents etc.)
• Resource and project planning/management
• Monthly financial forecasting
• Preparing and negotiating fee proposals
• Client and inter-company billing
• Contributing to/leading strategic and creative reviews and the development of solutions
• Preparing and delivering strategic and creative presentations to clients and prospects
• Research and insight generation to inform strategies and creative solutions
• In conjunction with more junior team members, overseeing the administrative aspect of accounts: status reports, contact reports, running key project meetings
• Problem solving and troubleshooting
• Quality control, ensuring deliverables meet expected standards