Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
The Senior Designer works as an interior architectural designer, responsible to and under the direction of the Project Manager.
This role requires participating in the development of the design concept, presentation and bid documentation and to assist during the Bidding/Negotiation phase in the early stages of a project. It is the duty of the Senior Designer to oversee the project team and to manage all required construction documentation and to insure its timely and correct completion within internal and external guidelines, rules and schedules as well as the coordination with the G.A internal FF&E team and other, external consultants. The Senior Designer must therefore have a good understanding of the overall project programme and the deadlines on which the required documentation has to be issued to the client/contractor. The expertise of the Senior Designer is required from the very start of the project through to completion. He/she will be the main contact and assistant co-ordinator during the construction administration phase.
- Assist in the development of overall design concepts.
- Assist in developing schematic design from established project programme and initial design concepts. Must have a working knowledge of programme, budget, client needs, etc.
- Translate schematic design into design development drawings.
- Assist the Project Manager to maintain continuity of design intent through construction documentation.
- Participate in development of presentation material and help maintain graphic quality and content. Participate in presentations as needed.
- Assist in co-ordination of interior architectural documents with work of consultants and architects.
- Assist Project Designer in all aspects of his / her responsibilities.
- Consult with FF&E designer to insure proper co-ordination with FF&E criteria.#
- Co-ordinate schedules, staff utilisation / work planning and budget requirements with Project Manager.
- Co-ordinate with Project Interior Designers in producing all required schedules (i.e. finishes, sanitary ware, ironmongery etc).
- Co-ordinate efforts of design and production team members in finalising and documenting the project.
- Review for code compliance.
- Maintain journal and records of submittals, samples, shop drawings, etc. and ensure that the aforementioned are reviewed by the relevant team member on schedule.
- Ensure that team members provide answers, drawings, clarifications in a timely manner during bidding / negotiations and construction administration phases.
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager, and Principal in Charge all scheduling and staff / hour allocations.
- Ensure graphic quality and consistency and correctness of construction documentation.
- Generate architectural specifications in conjunction with design team (in accordance with the GA project contract only).
- Maintain contact with contractor as needed.
- Ensure content of drawings is adequate for construction.
- Ensure workability of details, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about contract responsibilities and monitors during construction documentation and construction administration phases.
- Direct education of Junior Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
- A good knowledge of AutoCAD, PowerPoint and Photoshop is essential.