Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Senior Designer – Project Manager
Definition of the role & responsibilities for employees holding the position of:
Senior Designer – Project Manager
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all of our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
The Senior Designer – Project Manager has the controlling architectural design role on a project. Together with the Principle in Charge, the Senior Designer – Project Manager establishes the overall design concept and maintains the continuity of those concepts through the entire project process to completion.
It is the duty of the Senior Designer – Project Manager to oversee the project team and to manage all required documentation and to ensure its timely and correct completion within internal and external guidelines, rules and schedules as well as the coordination with the G.A internal FF&E team, 3D team and other, external consultants.
The Senior Designer – Project Manager serves as interpreter of the Client programme and budget and provides design responses according to their requirements.
An important part of the role is to direct the planning, organising and monitoring of project activities to ensure that all services are consistent with Client programme and G.A office standards and that the services are delivered within the fee, project budget and schedule.
The Senior Designer – Project Manager will ensure that Deltek project plans are prepared and include the allocated fees/hours by phase/tasks/staff and monitor every two weeks or more often if there is a change in the programme. The Senor Designer – Project Manager together with Associate/ Contracts administrator, Director and Finance will prepare a billing schedule as part of the project contract process. This billing schedule will be updated more often if the project schedule is changed, the contract amended etc.
– Assist in contract preparation and negotiation.
– Establish project directory and a list of contact persons.
– In conjunction with the Principal in Charge, establish overall design concepts and maintains the continuity of those concepts through the entire project process to completion relative to Client programme and budget.
– Translate concepts into schematic design criteria working with project programme and initial design concepts.
– Ensure that schematic design is communicated properly to Client, design team and production team.
– Responsible for understanding of the Client programme, budget and criteria.
– Determine level and quality of finishes.
– Development of presentation material and help maintain graphic quality and content.
– Participate in presentations as needed.
– Assist in co-ordination of interior architectural documents with consultants and architects.
– Co-ordinate schedules, staff utilisation / work planning and budget requirements
– Co-ordinate with project team members in producing all required schedules (i.e. finishes, sanitary ware, ironmongery etc.).
– Co-ordinate the output of project team members in finalising and documenting the project.
– Review for code compliance.
– Maintain journal and records of submittals, samples, shop drawings, etc. and ensure that the aforementioned are reviewed by the relevant team member on schedule.
– Ensure that team members provide answers, drawings, clarifications in a timely manner during bidding / negotiations and construction administration phases.
– Develop and maintain positive relationship and channels of communication with client and other appropriate project related personnel (external and internal).
– Co-ordinate and work closely with the FF&E designer and team to ensure complete briefing and consistency of the design and review FF&E specifications.
– Maintain regular review of ID documentation, shop drawings, and participates in CI phase to ensure design intent is maintained
– Communicate design intent with consultants and review their work for conformance to design intent.
– Develop project goals in conjunction with other team members.
– Initiate and maintain overall staff utilisation / work plan and information release through the course of the project and provide a project progress report of the workload and fee level to the G.A internal financial team.
– Initiate and co-ordinates team meetings, design review, etc.
– Ensure project delivery within project criteria and office standards and maintain the overall project programme at all times.
– Initiate client & design team meetings as required
– Ensure graphic quality, content, consistency and correctness of Tender/ID documentation.
– Maintain contact with contractor as needed.
– Ensure workability of details, etc.
– Be knowledgeable about contract responsibilities and monitor all output during ID documentation and CI phases.
– Direct education of Junior Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
– To have good knowledge of AutoCAD and PowerPoint
– To have good verbal and written communication skills
– Can implement design changes (Arch. & FF&E) that are consistent with design concept and programme requirements in conjunction with Design Director.
– Final arbiter of design decisions with specific review by Director/Associate.
– Can request / modification of design information when it affects scheduling, budget, etc.
– Assign specific tasks to design team members
– Review & approve timesheets for project team
– Establishes supplemental services requests (e.g. VORs and change orders)
– Direct client contact.