Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Introducing the G.A Group
We are a collection of design companies, who have been creating award-winning experiences for over 30 years.
United by a shared passion for ground-breaking design, wherever the brief takes us, our driving philosophy is one of Restless Curiosity.
We deliver an insight-driven approach, meaning we arrive at design solutions which fuse people, place and culture effortlessly, which strike an emotional chord in the audience and bring a sense of unexpected relevance and harmony. Once a concept is crafted, then the real challenge begins, making the ideas live and breathe through flawless execution.
We are seeking a Senior Designer to join our Shanghai studio.
Overview of the role
The Senior Designer/Project Manager is responsible for the creative lead to assist & support the design brief/concept in collaboration with the Design Director. As a Senior Designer you have the opportunity to lead and represent the G.A Group in our creative process, elevate our global studio collaboration and uphold our design culture, which continues to strive for design excellence in the luxury hospitality experience.
It is essential that you can effectively communicate the Director’s design intent, interpret it clearly to the design team and execute with careful attention to detail. The role allows you to collaborate creatively with with our global Design Directors in an environment that Restlessly Curious learning. You have the opportunity to work with talented and award winning design leaders coaching and mentoring through our exciting projects.
Qualifications & skills
- 8 – 12 years of hospitality design experience (China or globally)
- Experience in working directly with Western directors (English & Chinese communication)
- Excellent presentation skills: Able to articulate & translate well between languages (English/Chinese – reading, writing, speaking)
- Experience in leading a design team (5 to 8 design staff)
- Extensive hotel brand knowledge/guidelines/standards
- Ability to communicate well and interpret design concept brief from Design Director/design lead
- Ability to identify & resolve design issues
- Ability to manage project delivery, monitor schedules, meet deadlines
- Excellent point of contact communicator (English/Chinese – client/operator/consultants)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of interior design services
- Proficiency in design tools/skills (CAD/Adobe/3D modelling)
- Hand sketching skills are an advantage