Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Senior FF&E Designer – London
Senior FF&E Designer
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires, and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
The work of a Senior FF&E Designer is closely linked with the architectural side of the project. The Senior FF&E Designer has to develop the FF&E concept together with the Project Designer and Principle in charge and maintain the continuity of those concepts through the entire project process to completion.
It is the duty of the Senior FF&E Designer to oversee the Project FF&E team, and to manage all required FF&E Documentation, insuring it’s timely and correct completion within internal and external guidelines, rules and schedules.
The Senior FF&E Designer is responsible for maintaining the program and budget under the direction of the Project Manager, as well as coordinating the FF&E information with the Job Captain and Project Manager to ensure accurate integration into the architectural documentation.
• In conjunction with the Principal in charge, and Project Designer, establish overall design concepts relative to the Client’s briefs, programs and budgets.
• Creation of mood boards for presentations, maintaining quality and content, ensuring the format is compatible with G.A and client standards.
• Participate in presentations as needed.
• Translate initial design concepts into design development working within the project program.
• Maintain project directory with relevant FF&E contacts.
• Attend and participate in team meetings, design reviews etc.
• Develop FF&E specification documentation compatible with G.A standards.
• Review and modify if necessary, all specifications, for accuracy and design intent, and request changes as required.
• Prepare furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant’s drawings.
• Co-ordinate Project FF&E staff utilization, work planning and budget requirements with Project Manager.
• Develop and maintain positive relationship and channels of communication with Client Representatives, Professional Teams, Contractor and other appropriate project related personnel (external and internal).
• Ensure that the developed FF&E design and documentation is communicated properly to the Client, design team and production team, and contains adequate clear information for suppliers to provide accurate quotations.
• Communicate FF&E design intents with suppliers and review their work for conformance to design intent.
• Determine level and quality of finishes.
• Serve as principal contact with Purchasing Agent.
• Review samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
• Review interior architectural plans in conjunction with the Project Manager to ensure conformity with FF&E design.
• Co-ordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories if required.
• Maintain regular review of construction documentation, shop drawings, and participates in construction administration to ensure design intent with the Project Manager and job profitability with the Associate.
• Co-ordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved.
• Be familiar with the project contract and G.A’s contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases.
• Co-ordinate with Project Manager in producing finishes schedules.
• Attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements).
• Ensure project delivery within project criteria and office standards and maintain the overall project program at all times.
• Direct education of Junior Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
• A basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop and PowerPoint is desirable.
• Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Keep up to date with industry developments, products, and trends, for continued professional development.