Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Senior FF&E Designer
Introducing the G.A Group
The G.A Group is a pioneering collection of award-winning design companies who specialise in creating experiences that resonate. We do this across multiple channels and touchpoints, in both 2D and 3D, the physical world and digital.
The various companies within the group often work in partnership with one another on integrated briefs using our unique multi-disciplinary Resonance Process, which puts the experience concept at the heart of everything we do. As a group of companies designing experiences that resonate, we start by listening and learning – about people, behaviour and the world in which we live. We call our philosophy Restless Curiosity.
Overview of the role
The work of the Senior FF&E Designer is closely linked with the architectural part of the project. The Designer is responsible for developing the FF&E concept in conjunction with the Project Manager and maintaining the programme and budget under the direction of the Project Manager. The Senior FF&E Designer is responsible for coordinating the FF&E information with Project Manager to ensure accurate integration into the architectural documentation.
The role will include preparing schemes and mood boards to presentation level and full documentation of specifications through to completion on site. This is an exclusively FF&E role, with responsibilities varying depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will hold a related qualification and have a good understanding of the design/architecture industry with extensive FF&E experience in the high-end hotel interior design field. Full hands-on project experience of hotel design from presentations and specifications through to installation and completion is essential. A basic knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Project Manager and Client to develop schematic FF&E design, based on project criteria (brief), programme and budget.
- Participate in presentations and insure the format is compatible with GA and Client standards.
- Develop and maintain FF&E budget.
- Develop FF&E specification for documentation.
- Direct and review purchase order process to ensure completeness and accuracy (as required).
- Serve as principal contact with Purchasing Agent.
- Review samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
- Direct and review furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant’s drawings.
- Co-ordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories (purchasing if required). Co-ordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved.
- Work with Job Captain and Project Manager throughout project to help formulate staff utilisation / work plan, task assignments and allocation of fees.
- Be familiar with the project contract and GA’s contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases.
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager in producing finishes schedules.
- Attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements)
- Direct education of Junior FF&E Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
- A basic knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable.
- Prepare task assignments for assistant designers.
- Allocate and adjust FF&E budget in co-ordination with Client and Project Manager.
- Review and modify if necessary all specifications, schedules, purchase orders (where required) and installation plans for accuracy and design intent, and request changes as required.
- Review interior architectural plans in conjunction with the Project Manager to ensure conformity with FF&E design.
- Project Manager
- Managing Director
- Head of FF&E