Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- residential interior design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Senior Project Manager
Basis: Permanent employee
Location: Central London + travel to site as required
Salary: Depending on experience
Timing: Required ASAP
Experience: 5-8 years in a similar role
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
In the first instance the Senior Project Manager has the controlling and co-ordinating role on specific Hospitality Interior Design projects. Together with the Director/Associate, the Senior Project Manager establishes the internal design team structure and programme for a large, fast-track hotel development project. They will be responsible for the day-to-day running and efficient delivery of the assigned project within key profit and time utilisation parameters, working closely with the Director/Associate. They will manage the technical, budget and resourcing aspects and ensure the continuity of the output through the entire project process to completion. Note that whilst the reporting for this role will be directly in London, the project will typically span up to four global offices and will involve global co-ordination with the sub-teams in those locations against the master project programme.
The core part of the project role is to direct the planning, organising and monitoring of project activities to ensure that all services are consistent with the client programme and G.A office standards and that the services are delivered within the fee, project budget and schedule.
He/She will be the conduit for all information and communication between GA’s internal design teams and the Director/Associate.
The Senior Project Manager will research the requirements for any sub-consultants required for each specific project, agree fees and co-ordinate their input onto a project as required.
Responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager:
- Establish project directory and a list of contact persons.
- In conjunction with the Director/Associate, establish overall program and deliverables relative to the Client programme and budget.
- Ultimately responsible for understanding the Client programme, budget and criteria.
- Responsible for reviewing the contract and raising any changes to brief, variation order requests or change orders (initially to the internal team and then to the client/project team).
- Ensure graphic quality of presentation materials and drawings are to G.A standards and are consistent across all global offices.
- Daily management of the EDMS, document control, RFIs, workflows etc.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and channels of communication with the Client and other project related personnel (external and internal).
- Allocate fees/hours by phase/tasks/staff and monitor every week. Prepare billing schedules, accomplishment reports and update programs to check the financial status of the project from concept to completion.
- Develop project goals in conjunction with other team members.
- Initiate and maintain overall staff utilisation/work plan and information release through the course of the project.
- Initiate and co-ordinate team meetings and design reviews.
- Ensure project delivery within project criteria and office standards and maintain overall project programme at all times.
- Initiate client meetings if required.
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
- Knowledge of ERP or similar systems (specifically Deltek) preferred.
- Knowledge of Aconex or similar EDMS systems is not a prerequisite but would advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication are essential.
- Various Directors engaged on projects.
- The Senior Project Manager does not make decisions in isolation.
- The Senior Project Manager will be part of the Project Administration team.
- The Board of Directors of the G.A Group.