Filter our projects
- advertising & marketing
- brand identity
- brand strategy
- graphics and signage
- interior design
- product design
- residential interior design
- brand strategy & design
- city hotel
- food & beverage
- heritage building
- Luxury Hotel
- new build
- premium services
- private residential
- residential development
Studio Librarian – London
To be part of the G.A Group is to create design that inspires and positively influences those who experience it. We value creative thinking and encourage all our team to be restless in the drive to provide industry leading design solutions for all our clients. All members of our team must have the ability to translate innovative ideas into reality.
The Studio Librarian is one of the key roles at G.A. Without the resources contained within the library, the design teams are unable to fulfil their roles. It is essential that the Studio has access to new and exciting products and materials in order to meet our client’s expectations and maintain our industry reputation.
In order to support the teams, the Studio Librarian is required to organise, maintain and update the current library and assist all teams (Hospitality, Residential and Architecture) by sourcing relevant materials, literature, samples and technical information. A strong understanding the stylistic requirements of G.A’s projects is required as well as an ability to filter less relevant information. A passion for and knowledge of interior architecture and design, furniture and product design is essential.
A high degree of verbal and written abilities are required for the position as it involves communicating with the design team and external suppliers on a daily basis. An engaging and diplomatic manner are essential.
Maintain and update all aspects of the library.
• Maintain an organised system (both on shelves and electronically) to ensure the easy retrieval of information.
• Ensure the library and Studio generally are kept organised and tidy in conjunction with the Receptionist/Office Co-ordinator.
• Maintain, organise and update all catalogues, files, materials and sample reference indexes.
• Update and maintain the contact directory for all supplier details.
• Assist the design team with sourcing pricing information as required.
• Schedule regular supplier visits with existing contacts to keep the team updated on the latest products.
• Introduce new suppliers by scheduling visits while screening less relevant opportunities.
• Organise office visits (both during and out of hours) to showrooms, relevant sites, manufacturers and trade shows. Flexibility with work outside of office hours may be required.
• Co-ordinate with the Directors to organise and budget annually for international trade show visits.
• Organise and maintain a regular programme of in-office presentations (lunch and learn) by relevant suppliers or industry professionals.
• Keep up to date with current design trends by attending relevant exhibitions and shows and keep the Studio updated with new and relevant hospitality openings.
• Assist the other G.A Studios internationally with general queries.
• Assist the design team with the sourcing of samples and relevant information as required.
• Assist the designers in the production of presentation documents and boards.
• Assist the FF&E team with purchasing of any required accessories for projects.
• Oversee magazine subscriptions.
• Order and maintain supplies of all required presentation stationery in conjunction with the Receptionist/Office Co-ordinator, ensuring they are always available.
• Assist with reception duties in cases of short term unavailability (such as sick leave) and answering telephone calls.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is advantageous.
Ability to recognise good design and tailor that to G.A’s requirements.
Problem solver/creative solutions.
Eye for colour and materials.
Work well under pressure, to timelines and with different people simultaneously. Work well independently as well a part of a team.
Note: This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. G.A Design International reserves the right to review this definition periodically and, if necessary, update, extend or reduce the above outlined role & responsibilities. Any major changes will be discussed with the employee.